My Favorite Recipes
The following recipes are some of my favorite recipes:
- Pasta with beef/vegetable sauce - my favorite pasta sauce.
- Shrimps - a fast and easy recipe to impress your guests, serve them on a platter with tooth-picks or on small slices of bread.
One of my favorite foods is grilled shrimps.
Actually, a similar recipe for grilled shrimp, paired with Shiraz wine (Whyndham Estate Shiraz Bin 555) brought me a free trip to Australia in 2001. I was winning the semi-finals in New York and that gave me the free trip to Australia to the finals. I did not win there, but this was one of the greatest trips of my life, although I really did not enjoy the long flight.
- Tropical Salmon - I have never seen salmon in tropical waters, but this fish tastes great with a tropical touch. Use wild-caught salmon filets if you can find them and not farm-raised. They are more healthy and taste better. If you do not have salmon, take Cod, or Mahi Mahi instead. Be creative, use what you like or what you have.
The use of fruit and mushrooms (if you do not like mushrooms, just delete this item) and sliced bell peppers and curry gives the fish a very delicate taste. I know, this is not a real Caribbean recipe as there are not salmons to be found near the islands, but it goes well with these ingredients. Another important ingredient is finely grated ginger, this gives seafood a very delicate taste.
- Green Pepper-Corn Sauce - this is a great sauce, a French recipe for steak. I love to use it over grilled steak or when grilling a hole beef tenderloin for guests.
- Tropical Shrimp Soup - a new recipe I tried for my cooking class and for a surprise party. Great, but different taste.
- Salmon Chowder - great soup with heavy cream
- Crab Cake - with a tropical touch
- A fast Asian-inspired soup - with Ramen Noodles
© 2010-2019 by Christian Bellingrath. All rights reserved.